- Rent – I bought a new IKEA bookshelf and now it is the base of my new kitchen counter. I love it. I’ve decided to group my home improvement costs under my rent category since it’s part of my housing.
- Groceries – I’ve been cooking a lot and have also stocked up my pantry and freezer. I think this is ok, since I’ve been able to stay under budget for eating out! 🙂
- Cellphone – I went over my 100 text messages for the month of December. I’m not sure if I need to include more text messages in my monthly plan, but will re-evaluate this based on next month or two.
- Clothing – I went out and bought 4 new bras from Victoria Secrets and I think it’s worth it. Last year, I bought a really good bra and I wore it to pieces. It’s all stretched out since I wore it pretty much every day, last year. I figured I need a few more bras for rotation.
I also bought an awesome new-to-me winter jacket off Kijiji. I’ve been looking for a warm and nice winter jacket for 2 years now, and I got this one at a great price.
- Toiletries and Grooming – I still had a weakness for Revlon lipsticks. But I have since uninstalled the Shoppers Drugmart app from my iPod so that should help!
I also bought my holy grail night moisturizer since it was 20% off, and I also bought the Marcelle BB cream (loveit!).
- Electronics – I bought a copy of Microsoft Office 2010. My company has a special rate for employees.
- Gifts – It was BF’s birthday this month and I got him a single cup coffeemaker. BF is a huge coffee lover and my instant coffee just wasn’t cutting it for him. He love his new toys, so it is totally worth it!
Despite going over budget in several categories, I was still able to meet all my saving goals, and I had $550 left over. I transferred that into my TFSA, right away. And I am so happy with my 5% increase in my networth 🙂
January Goal Recap
- Apply for Professional License Registration – check! And they cashed my cheque.
- Convert my TD RSP into an e-series fund – check! I sent in my conversion request form. I keep waiting for it to show up in my TD account.
- Install kitchen island – check! Well, technically BF did it while I made dinner. 🙂
On-going Goals Recap
- Pack my lunch everyday – check!
- Eat more fruits – pass… I’ve been having smoothies in the morning, and packing an orange with me for lunch, but I’m not sure I did this everyday.
- Exercise 3 times a week – fail!
- Get off the computer by 10pm – fail! I did this a few times, but I really need to do better.
- Finish a book – check! I’ve finished 3 books so far :), including The Wealthy Barber Returns.
- $0 Budget – check! I tallied up both my expenses and savings and I had $550 left over which I put into my TFSA.
Whew. That was tough. Readers, how has your January?