I can’t believe that we have come to the end of January 2012, already. I feel like I sneaked my 2012 goals in just in the nick of time ;).
I LOVE reading about new year goals and recaps. And even though we can all start to make goals, anytime of the year, I love the potential of an empty calender. So a lot of the posts below have to do with goals, but not all.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
- If you haven’t heard about Suze Orman’s “Approved”pre-paid debit card, then you are probably living under a rock. This card has the PF community up in arms that Suze would sell out and actually endorse a product that may not be in the best interest of her fans to make a buck. Jen calls it the cream of the crap card.
- Sandy shares her thoughts on TLC’s latest show about extreme cheapskates. Ugh… re-usable toilet towels, no thanks.
- Annabelle shares her 7 Frugal Tips. I love re-organizing my furniture and bathroom bottles. Anyone else?
- Andrea got her post published in Reader’s Digest about financial lies from Fairy Tales!!!! Congrats, girl! 🙂
- Debt Ninja tells us why our Credit Scores don’t make us Cool.
- Young and Thrifty shares her thoughts on a great charity called the Trans-Himalayas Aid Society which supports Tibetans and their way of life
- Cassie finishes her Chicken Challenge! I think her average cost for a meal was less than $0.75 – which is amazing. Although, I might be tired of chicken, as well, if I were in her shoes!
Fashion and Beauty
- Sydney shares her list of “mama beauty” items. Since Sydney always looks so put together, I loved taking a peek into her favourite make-up items.
- G. does a review on these beautiful Royal and Langnickel make-up brushes. Even at $9/brush, it’s not too bad. The more I delve into beauty, the more I realize how the right tools are essentials.
- Don’t you love this beautiful lace blazer? I feel it’s just such a great mix of feminine and professional polish to it.
Life & Home
- My Money My Life shares her thoughts on a toxic friendship. I wrote a long-letter comment and couldn’t get passed the word verification. Basically, I’ve had to also let friendships die out because at the end of the day, you only have so much time, money and energy.
- I LOVE the look of these canopy around the bed from This is Glamorous. Wow!
- Check out this recipe from Eating and Living for one of my all-time favourite foods – Kimchi. My sister made me 2 jars of kimchi and I have been finding a reason to eat kimchi for every. single. meal.
- Shannon is such a strong woman and I love reading her blog Loved You More. Recently, she has been writing a series on how Bear came to be a part of her family. From the very first time she met Bear to fighting to keep her little Bear safe. It is a heart breaking and heart warming read and I encourage everyone to find out more about this extraordinary young woman.
Hope everyone has a good week 🙂