- Groceries – I think that I need to increase this to $125 a month since I also used $20 from my PC credit card to pay for groceries.
- Cellphone – I went WAAAAY over my 100 text messages, so I increased my monthly plan to include 250 messages for $36 a month after fees and taxes.
- Medical – I stocked up on my contact lens. After medical reimbursement and the manufacturer’s rebate, I will be paying $85 out of pocket for 2 years supply.
I am really happy about how this month turned out. I was even able to take BF out to a nice dinner out on the town, and my family out for a Korean food – while not blowing my budget.
I haven’t shown it, but I’ve saved 67% of my income this month, and I can’t wait to throw more money into my TFSA.
April Net Worth
Since I missed March’s recap, I’m really pleased with squeaking out with a 4% increase in net worth from February. As my net worth increases, I know it will get harder to increase the net worth percentage increase, but I will keep trying. I am so excited to see my net worth inch closer and closer to 6 figures!
I am also expecting a $2,400 tax refund – which will mostly go towards paying for my annual car insurance… but money is money! 🙂
March/April Goal Recap
- Pitch for Screening MissRepresentation – fail! My colleague and I talked to my manager about it, but haven’t followed through with a business case/proposal. I focused on studying for my professional licensing exam and job searching, instead.
- Finalize my resume – check! I’ve completely revamped my resume – twice. I’ve gotten great feedback from friends and colleagues and I am so pleased with the final product. I even went in for an interview! 🙂
- Study for Professional License Exam – check! I’ve written the test and need to wait for the results. I feel pretty good about the test and am so glad that it’s over.
On-going Goals Recap
- Pack my lunch everyday (including fruits)- check!
- Get off the computer by 9:30 – 10:00pm – fail! I’d get off the computer by 10pm, but then, I’d check my iPod.
- Finish a book – pass I finished Jean Chretian’s autobiography. It’s the first politician’s biography that I have finished, and I really enjoyed. What a character! 🙂
I like the 3 goals. It’s much easier to keep track of. Time to think of May goals! 🙂
Readers, how has your April?