It’s December 23rd, and you know what that means? The biggest shopping day in Canada!
And you know what my plans are today? I’m going in for half day of work, then I’m going to watch Tintin (perhaps by myself), and then go for a nice dinner with BF before we break away for the holidays.
There have been so many great posts around the blogosphere lately, this is only a small sample of my favourites!
Wishing all my readers a very happy and safe holiday no matter what your plans are. Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Winter Solstice.
See everyone in the new year! 🙂
- The Holiday Spirit on Budget and Helping others by Blonde on a Budget. Cait shares a tradition where her and her friend walk dogs from the local shelter on Christmas and throughout the year. She is such a sweet heart!
- Fabulously Broke had my favourite gift guide! Is she reading my mind? If you are looking for last minute gift ideas, check it out.
- Money Rabbit is having a mall-free Christmas for the second year, where she either makes something or bakes something for her loved ones.
- Andrea at So Over Debt is Over the Holidays. I share many of her sentiments (being a scrooge myself), and forgot to link back to her when my post published!
- Krystal has quit her job and is moving to Europe!! I really admire Krystal’s approach to not only cutting down her expenses, buying a house and her side gigs and couldn’t be more happy for this new step in her life!
- Fabulously Broke explores why women refuse to marry down. Lots of great discussion on that post! For me, what it boils down to is that I want a partner to share my life experiences with.
- Financial Uproar shares his views on why women refuse to marry down and calls women out on their double standard.
- Financial Samurai wonders why a certain woman he met at a bar is rich, intelligent and still single. Are her expectations too high? Or does she just have too high of an opinion of herself?
- Married with Luggage has a post telling us to stop apologizing for taking up space. I didn’t even realize how many times I apologized until I started to pay more attention to myself. It was an eye-opener!
Fashion and Beauty
- Jen at From Head to Toe reviews the Revlon Lip Butters and I was convinced! I grabbed “peach parfair” at my local drugstore and I LOVE it!! I am now waiting eagerly for it to go on sale.
- Jen from She Bloggs shares what’s in her cabinet. I am so nosy and love seeing what’s in other people’s purse/cabinet/make-up stash. I totally agree with her on the Vaseline and I use it every night 🙂
- Look for Less features a black and brown ensemble inspired by Pinterst that is perfect for this cold weather. I love neutrals and love this outfit.
- I even prefer the Look for Less version of the jersey wrap dress. I prefer the drapier and less frumpier look – and it costs less!
- Katherine from Feather Factor gets an email from a reader looking to buy a Chanel bag. I was tempted to comment, but was afraid I’d just sound clueless and not write something helpful. The truth is, I cannot fathom coughing up $4,000 for a bag. Am I weird??
- I seriously had to wipe the drool off my keyboard when I saw this fig and prosciutto grilled cheese sandwiche. It just looks so heavenly.
- Broccoli and Cheese soup by Oh She Glows. I love soups in the winter. I think I can live off of them.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Don’t forget my giveaway ends December 25th at midnight! 🙂