I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
After being lazy and playing Bejeweled until I reached a new high score, I have finally gotten out of my pajamas and eaten breakfast. Now, I am ready to face my Sunday and tackle my To-Do List. I don’t have a lot of big things for this Sunday, just a lot of little things – but little things that would make my life so much easier during the week.
Since, I seem to be more accountable when I write things on my blog, I figured I’d give this a try.
Frugirl’s Sunday To-Do List (Updated at 9:30pm)
Put away Laundry – I’ve had a pile of clean laundry that needs to be put away since last weekend. Make Chicken Soup – I roasted an entire chicken on Friday and am really craving some hot, comfort food. Clean Make-Brushes – Definitely need to give those suckers a good wash. Closet clean out – Go through my closet and pick out items I haven’t worn/touched and put aside. Complete Taxes – I found a few more donation receipts, so I need to double check if any thing has changed.
Not a huge change, I will just include it in my electronic file. I had another tax receipt for a $25 donation.
Tidy up Bathroom – Enough said.
- Make Dumplings – I like to make a big batch on a weekend and freeze them. A batch usually lasts me about a month or two.
Didn’t get to this. Oh, well.
- Pack for Boston – I just bought a really awesome make-up/toiletries bag (only $4.47!!), and I can’t wait to use it.
Didn’t get to this either. But I have all week, so I can do this tmr or Tuesday.
Pick up Pantry – Canadian Tire has a good sale ($50), and I desperately need more storage space. Tidy up living area and kitchen – Enough said. It’s getting a little messy.
- Finish up post on Re-balancing my Portfolio. Scheduled for next week!
Not quite done. Almost. Will finish it up tmr.
- Bridget gives us a peek into her closet. I am a bit embarrassed that I have a much bigger closet and can’t seem to figure out what to wear some days. Time to do that clean out!
- I’m over Product Parties by Andrea at So Over Debt. I’ve been invited to a few of these in the last months, and I feel the same way. I feel a post coming up about this!
- Gail talks about Women’s Unique Challenges, as March 8th is International Women’s Day. Even though I am not at the point in my life where I am having a family, I see the women around me struggle doing the balancing act, and it’s kinda scary.
- Young and Thrifty talks about Critical Illness Insurance and Why you Need it. This is something that I had not previously thought about, but Y&T brings up some good points that I need to give some thought.
Fashion and Beauty
- Messy Wands shares a “How to” tutorial for wearing red lips. Thank you!! As you may recall, this is one of 2012 goals, and I’d like to accomplish this without looking like Chuck the clown, thankyouverymuch.
- I’m a Beauty Geek shared a great video on how to wash your make-up brushes by incorporating toe separators! Great tips.
- Alterations Needed shares tips on how to find a Blazer that fits. I love blazers, but finding one that looks great is another story.
- Extra Petite is quite the light traveler and shares some great packing tips for business trips. I am going to try to use her tips on my 3-day trip to Boston, and will report back!
- Glitter Geek, ever the enabler, has shared a review on Revlon Colorburst lip glosses that she has compared to Chanel. CHANEL. Needless to say, when I saw these on sale, I ran out and bought…. 4.
- Sandy from Yes, I am Cheap tells the US government to stay out of her uterus. Being a Canadian, I am always taken aback when I hear about how Americans argue and debate birth control and abortion. Watching that video, I felt like I was stuck in the 1950′s.
- Eemusing shares her thoughts on the book, Hymn of a Tiger Mom. Growing up in my household, we had similar rules. At the end of the day, a parent tries to do what is best for their child in the way they know how.
- Feather Factor has an interview with HR Director, Tiffany. Tiffany answers a readers’ questions on resume, job searching, wage equality and more. I really enjoy FF’s interviews, there is such a variety, ranging from designer collections to posts like this one!
Hope everyone has a good weekend . I will check back tonight and update my to-do list – wish me luck!